The Skagit Max is an exceptionally easy casting Skagit style shooting head that will cast big flies, and the heaviest sinking tips with the utmost of ease.
A unique taper design not only casts all the nasty stuff associated with Skagit fishing, but also forms beautiful loops and is extremely pleasant to cast. The head is built on RIO’s ultra-low stretch ConnectCore for the utmost in casting control and sensitivity, and has a highly visible orange section loop for easy recognition.
- XS Technology - Ultra slick, dirt repelling coating for maximum distance and performance
- ConnectCore - Non-Stretch, full sinking line core for improved strike detection and faster hook sets
- Complete with shooting line and a selection of tips.
- Ultra-low stretch core for the best in casting and fishing sensitivity
- Easy loading design
- Printed ID system on the rear of the head for quick recognition
- High viz rear loop.
- Welded front and rear loops
RIO offers three different length options for the Skagit Max Series.
- Skagit Max Short - Great for single hand rods, switch rods and spey rods less than 12'
- Skagit Max - Perfect for rods from 12' to 13'6"
- Skagit Max Long - Best with rods longer than 13'6"
|SKU||Head Length||Sink Rate||Head Weight||Color|
|6-20412||23ft / 7m||Float||500gr||Teal / Orange|
|6-20565||23ft / 7m||Float||525gr||Teal / Orange|
|6-20413||23ft / 7m||Float||550gr||Teal / Orange|
|6-20566||24ft / 7.3m||Float||575gr||Teal / Orange|
|6-20414||24ft / 7.3m||Float||600gr||Teal / Orange|