These Limited Edition Special Color Reels are in-stock and ready to ship. They are a limited run product for the winter of 2018. This is an extra special deal considering these special colors are the same price as standard colors.
As the premier reel in the Galvan series, the Torque represents the culmination of a lifetime of fly-fishing and passion for reel design. Simply stated, it represents the very best of modern fly reel architecture. The Torque was created because Boni wanted to create a revolutionary reel with more sufficient drag system than was presently available on the market and it had to be sexy. Thus the Torque was born
The unique Torque reel, the 4th series in creation, was the first reel released with our Torque drag system, which is now employed in all of our reels. Its inception was in late 2002 with prototypes coming to life in 2003. After being tested, retested and modified it was finally released to the public in 2004. It immediately won the 2004 Editors choice in Fly Fish America and was ranked #3 in the recent 8-weight reel shootout, beating out all other reels in function and price. Its original style and unique porting has solidified Galvan’s reputation as a leading innovator in the industry.
The visually striking appearance of the Torque is a result of the unique cutouts on the frame, spool, drag knob and foot. This design is not only aesthetic but also structural as it significantly reduces the weight of the reel while maintaining strength and increasing rigidity .The rounded rims on both spool and frame enhance durability to better withstand impact during extreme angling conditions.
From first glance, the hand is drawn to the reel and from the first crank of the contoured counter balance spool, the quality becomes apparent: efficiency and simplicity driven by function. In this case, less is more and cost is no exception as the Torque retails at half the price of reels in its class.
The Torque is saltwater safe, and will perform flawlessly under the harshest conditions. From remote alpine lakes to the saltwater flats the highly ventilated spool and frame balance nicely with the lightest of todays fly rods yet still compliments a modern big game saltwater stick. The Torque is tough as nails and skillfully marries the technology of the future with the tradition of the past.
- 6061 - Machined from T6 solid bar stock aircraft grade aluminum
- EZ Grip - Contoured Delrin Handles provide easy grab and crank
- Maximum Porting - Ported to maximum strength to weight ratio
- L.A.D. - Large Arbor Design
- Low - COF - Low Coefficient friction drag insures no broken tippets
- MicroTune - enables quick precise drag adjustments
- PBR - Push button release spool
- Torque Drag System - reliable smooth carbon fiber drag system
- TruBalance - Machine counter balance for smooth wobble free rotation
- T2 - Type T-2 anodized corrosion resistant saltwater safe coating
- RRetrieve - Easy (no tool) retrieve conversion
Reel Specs -