The Short Head Spey line from RIO is a very easy casting, traditional style Spey line, which is ideal for Spey casters moving up from easier casting Scandi and Skagit heads.
The head length varies between 40 ft and 50 ft, depending on line size, and it is a great choice of traditional Spey line for anglers using shorter rods and when fishing in tight quarters. The longer head lengths (when compared to Skagit and Scandi heads) allow for less stripping in time at the end of each cast, which means more fishing time, and less loose line to handle and shoot with each cast.
- XS Technology - Ultra slick, dirt repelling coating for maximum distance and performance
- Agent X - Our most advance coating technology for enhanced performance, durability and slickness.
- Long head design for large rivers and big rods
- Powerful front tapers that cope with winds and large flies
- Loading point marker easily identifies the line's sweet spot
- Exceptionally neat, strong welded front loop for the fastest rigging
|SKU||Line Size||Color||Head Weight||Head Length||Sink Rate||Total Length|
|6-20299||5/6F||Blue / Straw||430gr||40ft / 12.2m||Float||100ft / 30m|
|6-20305||6/7F||Blue / Straw||470gr||42ft / 12.8m ||Float||110ft / 33.8m|
|6-20306||7/8F||Blue / Straw||520gr||44ft / 13.4m||Float||110ft / 33.8m|
|6-20307||8/9F||Blue / Straw||580gr||46ft / 14m||Float||115ft / 35m|
|6-20308||9/10F||Blue / Straw||650gr||48ft / 14.6m||Float||120ft / 36.5m|
|6-20309||10/11F||Blue / Straw||730gr||50ft / 15.2m ||Float||120ft / 36.5m|