The RIO Scandi head is a very easy casting Scandi style shooting head, built on RIOs ultra-low stretch ConnectCore for the utmost in casting control and sensitivity. It is available in a multitude of lengths and weights to cover all rod and angling situations. For tight casting spots and the utmost in ease of casting use a head length that is between 2.5 and 3 times the length of the rod, thus a 12 ft rod would work best with a head that is between 30 and 36 ft in length. The shorter the head length, the tighter the back casting space an angler can fish in. With more room and better casting skills a longer head provides the angler with less line to strip in between each cast and more fishing time.
- XS Technology - Ultra slick, dirt-repelling coating for maximum distance and performance
- ConnectCore - Non-Stretch, full sinking line for improved strike detection and faster hook sets.
- Easy ID Loops
- Front Welded Loop
- Rear Welded Loop
RIO recommends attaching the following head sizes to these shooting lines sizes:
- 275gr to 450gr .024"/.026 Powerflex/ConnectCore shooting line, or 25lb SlickShooter/GripShooter
- 450gr to 550gr .030"/.032 Powerflex/ConnectCore shooting line, or 35lb SlickShooter/GripShooter
- 550gr to 650gr .035"/.037 Powerflex/ConnectCore shooting line, or 44lb SlickShooter/GripShooter
- 650gr and bigger .040"/.042 Powerflex/ConnectCore shooting line, or 50lb SlickShooter/GripShooter