The Animas River flows rough and wild through southwest Colorado. Like its namesake, the Ross Reels Animas reel will keep running no matter what it faces. With a custom two-tone anodized finish and solid aluminum frame components, the reel is coupled with a liquid-smooth and powerful drag system with low start-up inertia. The drag has a tool-less, simple right-to-left hand conversion and protects even the lightest tippet, vital when demanding quarry makes blistering, unexpected runs. The large arbor aids in retrieving all the line that just went through the tip-top.
The single-piece spool is elegantly ported for both aesthetics and weight savings. And in a first for Ross, the handle of the Animas is fully-anodized machined aluminum with a reverse taper for increased control and excellent grip. The hours of engineering and design time taken to deliver the Animas ensures the highest level of quality, something expected from every product wearing the Ross Reels logo. The Animas is sure to be the go-to favorite of every angler to pair with their favorite rod.
- FRAME/SPOOL MATERIAL 6061-T6 proprietary aluminum alloy
- MANUFACTURING SPECIFICATIONS Fully machined, 1 piece frame spool, 1 piece spool, handle, and drag knob
- DRAG MATERIAL Delrin 500AF with impregnated Teflon - space-age polymer that is durable, heat resistant, self-lubricating and maintenance free
- CONVERSION Quick release locking spool, easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
- FINISH Custom two-tone type II anodized finish for the perfect balance of hardness and color
- FISHING APPLICATION Designed for use in all freshwater, warmwater and saltwater fishing environments
- AVAILABLE COLORS: Granite (with Bronze hardware) and Stealth Black with Bronze hardware