Casey Underwood - On The Hunt
Every now and then, we come across an artist whose work naturally fits Abel's palette of custom finishes. This time, that artist is Casey Underwood. Each of these original designs was created to correspond with a specific model in the Abel lineup. Individually laser engraved, and put through a proprietary polishing/texturizing process, these reels feature an innovative, first of its kind finish.
VAYA: Spanish for "Go!", as in go outside, go explore, go fishing!
Crafted by avid Colorado anglers, the VAYA series debuts an all-new technical look and feel paired with outstanding performance. The partially-ported VAYA frame offers the unique combination of minimized weight, incredible rigidity, and just enough surface area to highlight Abel's hand-anodized finishes. The frame interior also features varying sets of CNC-milled fly patterns, relevant to each size of reel. The large-arbor spool features a precision-balanced, dual-pawl drag engagement design that eliminates the need for a counterweight.
The spool's mechanical incoming click compliments the audible, smooth feel of the outgoing drag. The carbon / stainless multi-disk drag system produces substantial resistance, while providing a wide range of adjust-ability for delicate tippet.
VAYA: the new "go-to" reel for everything from freshwater to light salt.
- Partially-ported frame for the perfect balance of weight, sound, and visual appeal
- Different sets of milled fly pattern silhouettes on interior of each frame relevant to the size of the reel
- 5-disc alternating carbon/stainless steel drag stack
- Large arbor for faster retrieve and reduced line memory
- Quick-change spool design with proven O-ring release
- Available in sizes 4/5, 5/6, 7/8
- User convertible retrieval system Made in USA